We have four spirit rocks that can be painted to celebrate your student's birthday! Three of the rocks are closest to the car line area, and there is one rock located by the bus drop line. The PTO is NOT responsible for painting the rocks.
To reserve a rock, please check the calendar below first to make sure the date is available and then fill out the reservation form. "Rock 1","Rock 2", and "Rock 3" mean the car rider line rocks, "Rock 4" means the bus line rock.
Rock 1 is located at the exit of the car rider line, and is closest to 521. Rock 2 is the first rock on the left in the car rider entrance, and Rock 3 is the second rock on the left in the car rider line entrance. Rock 4 is located in the bus drop line.
Van Wyck Elementary School Spirit Rock Approval Request and Guidelines
1. Please look at the calendar below (easiest to click on Month view) and see if your desired date(s) and rock(s) are available (see Rocks Available for Painting below).
2. If it is available, fill out the form below.
3. Once submitted, you will receive an approval email confirming that you are reserved for the date(s) and rock(s) requested. Please check your Spam folder if you do not receive the email confirmation within 2 business days. If you still do not see an email, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Once approved, send payment to school with your student within 24 hours (or the next available school day if a weekend or holiday), or make payment on line at https://vwes.ptboard.com/formvw?store=4360&form=6
5. Read the Other Rules and Guidelines below before painting the rock.
Non-refundable $10 (checks payable to VWES PTO) sent to school with your student. Please make sure the payment includes a note indicating your name, which rock you reserved and your reservation date. Failure to include this information will potentially cause your reservation to be removed from the calendar.
You may also pay on-line at https://vwes.ptboard.com/formvw?store=4360&form=6 for $11.00 (non-refundable)
Dates do fill up quickly so be sure to request and pay ASAP.
Deadline for Approval
You must submit your request for the spirit rock no later than 5 days prior to your reservation request. Your request is only a request and not confirmed until you have sent in your payment and receive a confirmation email from the spirit rock coordinator.
Only one person per day may reserve one of the Spirit Rocks. Once reserved, you will have that rock for 24 hours beginning at 4:00pm the day before. (For example, if you reserve a rock for August 25th, your reservation will begin at 4:00 pm on August 24th and run through 4:00 pm on August 25th.)
The PTO does not paint the rock for you. You bring your own paint, the school/PTO does not supply any painting materials. Plan to have 2-3 cans of each color you will be using especially if you are painting over a dark color, you may need more.
All rules as outlined in the LCSD student rights, responsibilities, and character development handbook and Code of Student Conduct MUST be obeyed. No exceptions. (No bullying, no profanity, obscenity, or derogatory language.)
Reservation Calendar & Request Form